Sponsored by: LAGenWeb and
Linking photos for Cemeteries
Gloria B. Mayfield, Project Manager
Prepared for Cemeteries of
Texas by Elaine Nall Baye
For those of you that have many
photos in a cemetery, try doing this:
To assist the webmaster with putting cemetery
information online, please:
1. Type cemetery transcription (information)
2. Save as "rich text" file in a folder
3. Resize photos to 72 pixels per inch, with
maximum size of 5"x7". (Anything over 72 pixels/inch is a waste of loading
time and webspace.)
4. Give each photo a distinguishing name, i.e.
5. Save the photos in the same folder as the
cemetery text file.
6. Highlight each individual name listed.
7. Click on the "insert hyperlink" took on the
toolbar OR click on "Insert" in the top menu bar and then click on "Hyperlink"
8. Browse for the corresponding photo
9. Click on the corresponding photo
10. Click "OK"
11. When all names are linked to a photo,
email the photos and text file to webmaster.